Best Dash Cam International – Check Top Types of Dash Cam
Cardashcamreviews.com is a USA & UK-based site specialized in offering consumers and prospective buyers a bias-free and detailed review of leading dashboard cameras available on today’s market.
Recently, our expert team noticed an influx of traffic from international visitors—hailing from the United States, Canada and as far as the Philippines. Given the need to address our new audience, we created a shortlist of the best dashboard cameras available worldwide. We divided this roster of premium dash cams into three categories, including Best All-Around, Best Budget and Best Dual-Channel in-vehicle recording cameras (dash cams that have both front and rear recording capability). Furthermore, given the varied geography of our new international friends, we have taken climate extremes into consideration when creating our guide.
Here at Car Dash Cam Reviews, we understand that researching product details and scouring through customer reviews can be intimidating, confusing and time-consuming. So, we’ve compiled this Best Dash Cam: International Guide to take the hassle out of the shopping experience. This shopping guide puts an emphasis on value—well-rounded cameras that balance superior visual recording, essential safety features and even some in-demand extras. Not sure what you’re looking for? Want something that is guaranteed to work in extreme climates? Wish you had some honest, prosumer advice? No problem. Buckle up, our expert team has you covered.
Top 3 Best Dash Cam Comparison Table
*Compatible with Rexing GPS Logger (sold separately).
**Included with purchase of Rexing GPS Logger.
BEST ALL-AROUND DASH CAM
1. KDLINKS X1 GPS-Enabled Full HD
- Highlights: KDLINKS shines with this sleek and nifty device, recording in Full HD with a wide 165° field of view. The stunning F1.6 lens combined with Night Vision and WDR technology (wide-dynamic range) ensure ample lighting and proper levels of exposure, particularly during low and nighttime driving conditions. GPS is fully-integrated and location, driving speed as well as traveled routes can be easily tracked on Google Maps using the KDLINKS Player Software. The compact X1 includes auto-start, motion detection (while parked), loop recording, event recording and an 8GB memory card for straight from box use. The X1 is fully operative at temperatures between -40 to 170°F, offering peace of mind for those living in extreme climates or faced with harsh weather conditions. KDLINKS is well known for their customer service, extending a full, one-year warranty on their products and a promise to respond to customer emails within 24-hours.
- Red Flags: Some consumer complaints include poorer than average audio recording, a not-so-intuitive menu and that its suction mount lacked discretion.
- Our Verdict: Best All-Around Dash Cam
- Highlights: Rexing combines 6-glass lenses, 1080p Full HD recording and a powerful Novatek NT96650 processor for remarkable visual clarity and image resolution. Moreover, the V1 boasts a wide 170° field of view (one of the widest on today’s market), capturing the road ahead as well as plenty of events occurring within a driver’s peripheries. Despite its loop-recording feature, the updated model supports an impressive 128GB memory capacity for plenty of travel recording time. The dash cam is preset with 10 user languages, including Russian, Chinese and Japanese. For those facing extreme climates or weather, the V1 is a trusty companion, reliably performing at temperatures between 10 to 140°F and can be kept stored between -5 to 160°
- Red Flags: While GPS compatible, the feature is not included with the V1 unit. Drivers wanting GPS will have to shell out an additional $30 for Rexing’s proprietary GPS Logger device.
- Our Verdict: Eyes Wide Open
BEST BUDGET DASH CAM
AUTO-VOX D2 Dash Cam
- Highlights: Auto-Vox prides themselves in their unit’s one button, effortless operation—one press to turn off the LCD screen (ideal for nighttime driving), toggle up to lock and protect videos and down to turn off audio recording for assured privacy. The D2 furnishes remarkable visual recording at Full HD while WDR technology (wide-dynamic range) serves to balance exposure levels, ensuring vivid image clarity in extreme brightness as well as dim and low light recording. Auto-start, loop recording, emergency recording and parking mode round out this budget cam. Auto-Vox even includes a 16GB microSD card for straight from box use.
- Red Flags: The narrow 140° field of view leaves more to be desired, otherwise we’re quite satisfied given the dash cam’s price point.
- Our Verdict: Best Budget Dash Cam
Ausdom AD118 Car DVR Dash Cam
- Highlights: The satisfactory F2.4 aperture captures a decent amount of light for vivid, Full HD video during daytime recording. Two LEDs on either side of the AD118 activate during low and nighttime driving, creating adequate imaging. Ausdom delivers with an intuitive navigation menu and plenty of user-customizable settings atypical to models at this price point, such as exposure and G-Force sensitivity. Photo mode stands out in particular, with drivers able to choose from 1.3-12MP for quality still images to document the scene of an accident.
- Red Flags: Drivers may be disappointed by the narrow 120° field of view, which more or less captures scenes occurring directly in front of the vehicle—leaving out much of peripheral roadside events. Additionally, this camera requires manual on/off activation (unlike most models that automatically activate when they detect the vehicle’s power source).
- Our Verdict: Set Me Up
BEST DUAL-CHANNEL DASH CAM
Rexing V1P 2.4″ LCD FHD 1080p
- Highlights: Rexing combines 6-layers of stellar optics, WDR technology (wide-dynamic range) and Full HD recording (front camera only) for outstanding image quality day and night. The waterproof rear camera provides visual guidelines for safe driving while in reverse. In addition to loop recording functionality, the dash cam supports a whopping 128GB of memory and is preset with 10 languages, including Russian, Chinese and Japanese. Moreover, those living in extreme climates or weather will appreciate the V1P’s reliability, performing at temperatures between 10 to 140°F and can be stored between -5 to 160°
- Red Flags: While this is a dual channel device, the rear camera leaves drivers with much to be desired. At VGA quality resolution, the rear camera serves as a decent backup camera and adequate (at best) when it comes to close range recording. Plus, as with many of Rexing’s products, this unit is GPS compatible, but drivers will have to shell out an additional sum for the brand’s proprietary GPS Logger device.
- Our Verdict: Best Dual-Channel Dash Cam
Uber Dual Dash Cam, Z-Edge
- Highlights: The innovative design of Z’Edge’s front camera mounts directly over existing, factory-installed rearview mirrors, eliminating obstruction out the front windshield. The front camera records in brilliant 1080p, while the waterproof rear camera records at 480p resolution. The rear camera is useful when backing up, providing visual guidelines while in reverse. The camera’s large, 5-inch screen displays real-time, picture-in-picture (PiP) play and recording of the road. Additional features include auto-start, screen saver mode (particularly handy during nighttime driving), loop recording and parking mode for 24/7 security when vehicles are left unattended. Z-Edge even includes a 16GB microSD card for straight from box use of their unit, an 18-month warranty and lifetime customer support.
- Red Flags: The narrow 120° field of view captures scenes occurring directly in front of the vehicle, missing some peripheral roadside events and details. Plus, the rear camera recording resolution is quite low (not even HD low), leaving more to be desired for this unit to deserve a true “dual cam” title. However, within close range, the rear camera is capable of recording license plates.
- Our Verdict: Road Safety Trifecta
Our short-list of international dash cam candidates rank well among Amazon users and are designed specially to withstand the stresses of extreme environments. Whether it’s your first dashboard camera purchase, a replacement or a gift, set your mind at ease by having an extra pair of eyes recording your travels and ensuring your safety.